City of Paducah 2012 Labor Day holiday schedule | Community Spirit
PADUCAH, KY (KFVS) - The City of Paducah has released their 2012 Labor Day holiday schedule.
The schedules for different areas in Paducah includes:
- Located at 300 South 5th Street, will be closed Monday, Sept. 3 for the holiday
Engineering-Public Works Department:
- The City of Paducah will not collect brush or limbs Monday, Sept. 3
- The trash collection schedule for the Labor Day week will not change
- The Compost Facility, located at 1560 North 8th Street will be closed Monday, Sept. 3 but will resume normal operating hours 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 4
Robert Coleman Spraypark:
- The spraypark is open daily 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. The Parks Services Department plans to keep the Spraypark open until the weather turns significantly colder
Labor Day Parade:
- The parade will be conducted by the Western Kentucky Labor Day Committee will begin at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 3. The parade will follow Broadway starting at 14th Street and ending at 2nd Street after making a turn onto 2nd Street toward Jefferson. Each year, the Labor Day Parade averages 60-70 entries. After the parade in the downtown parking lot between Broadway and Jefferson, there will be political speaking starting at noon, food and merchant vendors, inflatables for the kids, and four bands. The bands will play until 5 p.m. The Farmers' Market will be open
According to the city, the downtown parking lot between Broadway and Jefferson will be closed to the public on Labor Day from 6 a.m. until the festivities end at 5 p.m. At 7 a.m. Broadway will be closed between 14th and 19th Streets to allow for the marshaling of the parade entries. Broadway from 14th Street to Water Street will close at 9 a.m. and remain closed until the parade safety passes.
The city says pets are allowed at parades. However, for the public’s safety, Chapter 14 of the City of Paducah Code of Ordinances lists three requirements to bring a dog to a special community event such as a parade or festival. The dog must be:
- Licensed by McCracken County Animal Control or by any other state or county
- Restrained by a leash or other lead that is no longer than three feet
- Restrained by a muzzle
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.