Reidland Middle School student's art chosen for holiday card | Community Spirit
PADUCAH, KY (KFVS) - Reidland Middle School sixth grader, Zach McLeod created a patch that has been chosen to be on the front cover of the Challenger Learning Center at Paducah's 2013 holiday card.
McLeod created the patch last year at Reidland Elementary School while preparing for his class trip to fly a simulated space mission to rendezvous with a comet at the center.
"Zach's patch features a space shuttle heading out of Earth's atmosphere in search of a comet and it's a great representation of the comet mission," said Mellisa Duncan, center director.
The holiday cards are sent out to contributors and patrons of the Challenger Learning Center. Those include teachers, superintendents, legislators, campers, board members and donors.
A card will also be sent to the White House. But they will be sent out a little later than Christmas. "Everyone gets so many holiday cards that we decided to send Happy New Year cards instead", said Duncan.
Other schools and students will be represented in the calendar including:
- January--Lakyn Bachuss, Lone Oak Middle School
- February--Ann Taylor, Murray Middle School
- March--Shaina Magness, Wingo Elemenary, Graves County
- May--Khalil Griffin, Ballard Middle School
- June--Breanna Patterson, Murray Middle School
- July--Taely Freeman, Caldwell Middle School
- August--Zach McLeod, Reidland Elementary
- September--Olivia Heath, Lowes Elementary, Graves County
- October--Kaylynn Campbell, Hailey Stafford, Robbie Edmonds, South Livingston Elementary
- November--Emma Humphreys, Jackson Christian School, Tennessee
- December--Kristen Mickeletto, Southwest Calloway Elementary
The Challenger Learning Center at Paducah is located on the campus of West Kentucky Community and Technical College.
For more information about the center please visit www.clcpaducah.org<http://www.clcpaducah/org>
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.