Motorcycle crash involves alcohol, excessive speed | News
MCCRACKEN COUNTY, KY (KFVS) - The McCracken County Sheriff's Department and emergency medical crews were dispatched to a motorcycle crash in the 3000 block of Cairo Road on Tuesday.
According to the sheriff's department, the motorcycle, A Honda 929RR, driven by 48-year-old Edward Ozga, was traveling northbound on Cairo Road at a high rate of speed and failed to negotiate a curve. Officers say the motorcycle left the roadway and struck a highway mile marker sign. The motorcycle then began to roll and slide through the ditch.
Officers say based on statements from Ozga and witnesses, alcohol and use of excessive speed were contributing factors to the crash.
Ozga was taken to Western Baptist for treatment of his injuries and was cited to court for operating a motor vehicle under the influence.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near McCracken County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GCHS student's memorial fund established at Mayfield bank
- World's largest Christmas stocking being sold to help GCHS student trip
- Graves Co. Central thanks contributors to their reading 'Journeys'
- Graves Co. school board chairman honored for 15 years’ service to Ky. School Board Assoc.
- Man accused of threatening girlfriend, 2 family members