Paducah Chamber announces 'Youth L.E.A.D.' 2012-13 class | News
PADUCAH, KY (KFVS) - The Leadership Paducah Foundation, Inc. recently announced that 25 young people have been selected to participate in the next "Youth L.E.A.D." class for 2012-13.
Class members will take part in a six-month educational course starting in October with an orientation retreat at the Paducah Regional SportsPlex and ending in April 2013 with their graduation.
The program is designed to develop and prepare students for future community support and leadership roles in Paducah-McCracken County. "Youth L.E.A.D." targets high school juniors in Paducah Independent, McCracken County Public and the private school systems. The students will spend one day a month for five months learning about human needs and service learning, communication and career development, business and economy, law and government, and healthcare in McCracken County.
Members of the 2012-13 Class #2 are as follows:
- Community Christian Academy - Benjamin Jones
- Heath High School - Brandon Morehead, Wyatt Seed, Miranda Bliss, Hannah Brotherton, Ann Wu
- Lone Oak High School - Justin Anderson, Ansley Sims, Jenna Dowell, Rachel Upshaw, Miranda Meier, Olivia May
- Reidland High School - Kaylee McCollum, Braylynn Hendrix, Kayla Ferrell, Charles Beach
- St. Mary High School - John Higgins, Katie Gipson
- Paducah Tighman High School - Yasmin Razban, William Stuart, Heather Redd, Lillian Burba, Elliott Bickerstaff, Rafiel Banks
- Commonwealth Middle College - Kelondre Quarles
According to the Paducah Area Chamber of Commerce, the selection of class participants was conducted in partnership by the school administrators and the Leadership Paducah Foundation Board of Directors. The selection process includes leadership skills/potential, school activities, community involvement, and diversity among schools, ethnicity and gender. The Chamber says the LPF board makes every effort to select a class comprised of quality individuals with diverse backgrounds who have demonstrated a talent, commitment and vocation for leadership. LPF is a separate 501 C-3 organization affiliated with the Paducah Area Chamber of Commerce.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.